Sunday, May 10, 2015

Gaelic Cemetery 2014 Celtic Farm Riesling

Gaelic Cemetery is a new name to me. Some research revealed it is a joint venture between Neil and Andrew Pike, grape grower Grant Arnold, who has some old vines, and Ben and Mario Barletta of Australian Domaine Wines. The reason I bothered to do any research is because this vibrant, juicy, citrusy riesling blew me away with its value for money. Clare Valley riesling is always a good buy but this one is a little beauty with its aromatics, delightfully refreshing with pure lemon, lime and grapefruit notes, 11% alcohol and tight acid on the finish. You couldn't ask for anything more in a wine that is an absolute steal at $20. I'll give it 94/100. www.gaelic-cemeterywines.com.

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

I totally agree! I had a glass of this at an Italian restaurant tonight with a savoury chicken dish, and it was delicious. It is a new name to me too.
Glad to hear the retail price on the bottle is so reasonable! I will have to hunt down a bottle. Was it hard to find?
cheers, Kirsty