Saturday, December 30, 2017

Grosset 2017 Polish Hill Riesling

When it comes to both quality and consistency, this is arguably Australia's greatest white wine. As a lover of both rieslings and the Clare Valley, this would be my go-to white if I had just 50 bucks and change in my pocket and someone to impress. The 2017 vintage was superb one in the Clare; I'm seeing brilliant rieslings across the board and this estate-grown, certified organic wine from what has been declared one of the world's great vineyards, once again leads the pack. I left my sample a few weeks and it is now very much in the zone, flamboyantly floral, vivaciously vibrant and palpably powerful. Think intense lime citrus notes, tight structure and ultra-dry acid finish. One of the great vintages and worthy of 98 points. $55. www.grosset.com.au.  

No comments: